Friday, November 25, 2016

Thanksgiving in Beavercreek, OH

Oooooh, cold weather. We prepped for it! It wasn't actually that cold this year, and there was surprisingly no snow during our visit.  But it also wasn't mid-70s Georgia weather, either.

We got a lot of fun activities and family time in during Thanksgiving break.  I just realized this is actually the first time I've been at David's parents' house since we've been married.  That shows you how long it's been since all of us have gotten together in Ohio.  Then again, this is also the first Thanksgiving he's been home for.  

For the last two Thanksgivings, he was deployed.  While I was pretty proud of my care packages, nothing compares to being together!


We went for a hike at Glen Helen.



We saw the musical Elf at the Schuster Center.  (Which had a balcony that conveniently looked out over the parade below!)

And we made some turkey cookies! Which I realized would be perfect for a How-To lesson in the classroom, since I've never made them before... and mine turned out horribly the first time.  It improved a little the second time, and by my third try... well, look! I made a pretty decent turkey cookie on my third attempt!



No comments:

Post a Comment