Friday, March 6, 2015

Read Across America Week!

C'mon now. If you know me at all, you know dressing up in outrageous outfits is one of my favorite things about being a kindergarten teacher. So it pretty much broke my heart when I realized I'd be gone for 3 out of 5 days during Dr. Seuss week. I settled for combining Cat in the Hat/Thing days this year and playing fun learning games on Friday as a "birthday celebration" for Dr. Seuss.

No, that's not our whole class. 5 kids are out with the flu or strep throat. 
And Mrs. Dean is out with the flu, too. :( Feel better soon, you guys!


Thankfully, Mrs. Dean took the lead on the door decorating contest since I didn't think I'd have time before leaving for the conference. She did such an AMAZING JOB that our class won! Thanks, Mrs. Dean!!!!! 


A fifth grade teacher came down to check out our door and said "But how did your kids draw this?" (Click on the picture to see it enlarged.) I'm pretty sure our morning work helps improve the kids' artistic ability.  Each morning they take out their journals and draw something using a tutorial found on Learn-To-Draw along with a corresponding sentence I've posted.  It helps with handwriting, sight word recognition and spelling, following step-by-step directions and drawing! Win-win-win-win-win. 

Just look at how cute those character drawings turned out! 



No comments:

Post a Comment