Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Famous Americans (plus FREEBIE!)

My first year of teaching, I made a big mistake. I accidentally left out Famous Americans. I reviewed them, but I didn't teach them really in-depth like I was supposed to.  Luckily, I realized it before the end of the third marking period, and wrote this emergent reader to help the kiddos learn everything they needed to learn about the famous people in history.

I'm kind of glad it worked out that way, honestly, because I took an entire day going through this book with that group and they learned everything really well! And in each subsequent year, I've used the book in addition to daily lessons. 

And for you, my loyal readers, I'll be offering the book FREE for the next 48 hours!


Click HERE to get the book!

This year, we also completed directed drawings for George Washington and Abraham Lincoln.  The directions for these, originally by Kindergarten Planet, can be found HERE! These turned out too cute! And all of the kids recognized the presidents after doing this.






I mean, right? How much do you love them!?



No comments:

Post a Comment